My job puts me in contact with many medical facilities and hospitals. Do you know that Google is changing their search algorithm on April 21? If you don’t have a mobile-friendly website on April 21, you can lose up to 50 percent of your website traffic. For those of us who count on Internet marketing, this is huge!
PUMC (Patients Unlimited Marketing Consultants) is a Los Angeles Internet marketing agency. They just did a webinar briefing and follow up blog on this topic to communicate the elements that Google’s new search algorithm will evaluate.
It’s time to earn your “mobile-friendly” label. PUMC says that you should look for mobile-friendly elements that include:
- Not relying on Flash for playing videos since this doesn’t play well on smart phones and tablets.
- Add space between each button to make it easy for mobile users to select the content they want to see.
- Create content that is automatically resized based on the screen size so it doesn’t require scrolling and/or zooming.
- Develop scaling for fonts to enable easy reading
- Optimize mobile load time.
Google offers a free test and improvement suggestions for website owners. Test your website at https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/.
If you aren’t sure what to do with Google’s suggestions, contact my friends at www.pumc.com for a free evaluation. They excel at social media and content. I should know, because their social media guru has helped me get almost 3 million Google+ views (yes, I’m closing in on 3,000,000 Google+ views)!
To all my medical entrepreneur followers, the Patient Scrubs® lady wishes you success and happiness. If you need scrubs for patients, employees or lab techs, explore the best at www.patientscrubs.com.