Although you can make a fresh start anytime you want, January is usually the time that most people look at how they can improve the quality of their life, their business/career and their relationships. For me, all of those areas are wrapped up together. I’m fortunate in that I love working with Patient Scrubs® and reaching out to others to help improve their hospital or rehabilitation experience. So, here are my resolutions for 2014. Just for today, I want to:
- Do or say something nice that puts a smile on someone’s face.
- Tell someone how Patient Scrubs can make a difference when they are sick or undergoing medical treatments.
- Focus on managing my circle of influence, and adjust to “what is” for situations out of my control.
- Get to know the positive people in my life better by asking them to join me for a fun activity.
- Look for ways to improve my mind and body through learning, exercise, and creating healthy habits.
- Listen when someone needs to talk about problems, his or her illness or disappointments.
- Reach out to someone in pain so that he or she knows that someone cares.
- Enjoy my life, my friends and my business.
I believe what Abraham Lincoln said, “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” Everyone has setbacks and disappointments. But, we can learn from our mistakes and the curves life throws us and get ourselves back on track. I choose to be happy because woe is not my color. How about you?